Hannah French
Senior Project
Reflection Number Three

Knowing that this was my last week at the East Andover Village Preschool was sort of heartbreaking for me. I’ve only been there this short amount of time, and now I will be leaving as soon as I got to remember everyone's name.
I’ve learned huge amount about responsibility. I love all of the kids, but it’s definitely a challenge. It’s loud, and at times very hectic. Each kid responds differently to different things which can sometimes lead to a bit of craziness. When I thought about helping at the preschool, I didn’t expect it would of been like these three weeks. I enjoyed it more than I ever planned.
Each day everyone is so excited to see us. They shout our names with enthusiasm and greet us with hugs as soon as we walk through the door. It’s honestly crazy how much they really look up to Angie and I.
Over these last couple weeks I’ve been put in different positions where I didn’t quite know what to do. For example; when I hear two little white kids ask Angie why her skin is brown, or why her “hands her light on one side or dark or the other.” Every time they ask these questions Angie responds calmly, “because I was born that way.” These children have never really anyone that is a different race than them. And it’s hard to explain to a three year old those questions. But they love Angie. Those same two kids are her biggest fans, they give her the biggest hugs every time she comes to school. I think it’s great that these kids are going to be so positively impacted by someone of a different nationality them.

I remember when I was in second grade and Proctor girl came in and helped out in my class. I looked up to her so much. To this day I remember how excited I was to take a picture with her, when we both wore tie-dye shirts. I would be so honored if I can be that type of role model to a child in this class.

Comments

  1. Great insights, Hannah! The love you have for the kids is so apparent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week One Reflection